- Will you change your timetable when flight times doesn't match?
- How do I buy a ticket?
- Discount on return tickets
- Can I cancel my ticket?
- How do I rebook my ticket?
- Do I book a specific seat on the bus?
- Do you operate year round?
- Can I make the connection?
- My flight/train arrives same time or after the bus departure
- How can I pay for the ticket?
- What discounts do you have?
- I want to book a return ticket but don't know when to travel
- I have lost my ticket
- What does x in the timetable mean and what does the times at the villages along the road mean?
- Can I travel locally between bus stops in Kiruna?
- I have booked wrong bus stop in Kiruna
- My flight or train is delayed
- What if the bus gets full?
- Where does the bus stop?
- Bad cellular reception in Nikkaluokta
- Is the bus card Kirunakortet valid?
1. Will you change your timetable when flight times doesn't match?
This is the most common question we get:
The schedule will not change when it's published. SAS and Norwegian often change their times and unfortunately we cannot adapt to every change, we firstly have to adapt to our night trains which depart and arrive at the same time every day.
2. How do I buy a ticket?
You can prebook on our website www.nikkaluoktaexpressen.se and pay online price. You can also buy your ticket onboard the bus without prebooking but then you pay full price. You will recieve e-mail confirmation after booking. You scan the QR code in the confirmation on the bus. E-mail us if you don't get any confirmation at: email@example.com.
The passenger have to check the confirmation so the route, time and date is correct or contact us as soon as possible if something is wrong.
The passenger also have to check that phone number and e-mail is correct in the booking.
3. Discount on return tickets
We offer discount if you buy return tickets (see pricelist under Prices). To get the discount you need to book to and from the same bus stop.
But if you don't want to travel to and from the same bus stop but still get the discount, do the following:
Book your return ticket to and from the same bus stop for the discount. E-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org and write your booking number and what you want to change to and we will change it for you free of charge.
4. Can I cancel my ticket?
Yes, all tickets bought on our website kan be cancelled. You can cancel it yourself in the top menu Cancel booking or e-mail us. For refund the booking must be cancelled at least 24 hours before departure, otherwise no refund is given.
If it is less than 24 hours before departure and you want to rebook then you should NOT cancel your ticket, instead e-mail us for free rebooking. Your ticket is also valid on all departures 7 days before and 7 days efter chosen travel date without rebooking so if you are in a hurry and haven't got an answer from us yet you can still use your ticket. If you have bought your ticket from SJ, Vy or Samtrafiken then you need to contact them for rebookings, cancellation and refunds.
5. How do I rebook my ticket?
You must cancel your ticket and buy a new one. You can also e-mail us to: email@example.com and we will rebook you when we can.
If it is less than 24 hours before departure and you want to rebook then you should NOT cancel your ticket, instead e-mail us for free rebooking.
Your ticket is also valid on all departures 7 days before and 7 days efter chosen travel date without rebooking so if you are in a hurry and haven't got an answer from us yet you can still use your ticket. If you have bought your ticket from SJ, Vy or Samtrafiken then you need to contact them for rebookings, cancellation and refunds.
6. Do I book a specific seat on the bus?
No, you are not booking a specific seat on the bus, you are only booking a seat on that departure and if the bus gets full we will arrange for an extra bus but it can take a minute or two before it will arrive. Please be on time when you want to take the bus.
7. Do you operate year round?
No, Nikkaluoktaexpressen only operates when STF Mountain station is open. This is usually beginning of march to beginning of may and mid june to end of september. Other time of the year when the mountain station is closed we only refer to taxi if you still want to travel to Nikkaluokta.
8. Can I make the connection?
These are the general connection times if you want to travel with us.
At Kiruna bus station you need 5 minutes to change to and from our bus. If you arrive by flight to Kiruna Airport you need 30 minutes to change to the bus. If you are flying from Kiruna Airport you need to be at the airport 50 minutes before flight departure. If you arrive by train to Kiruna railway station or you want to travel from Kiruna by train you need 5 minutes to change to or from our bus.
9. My flight/train arrives same time or after the bus departure
If the flight or trains scheduled arrival time is the same or after Nikkaluoktaexpressen's departure time we refer to the next departure. The timetable is then adapted to earlier flights or trains.
10. How can I pay for the ticket?
If you buy your ticket on our website you can pay with Swish (only Swedish citizens) or through Klarna and their payment methods. If you buy your ticket onboard the bus you can pay with most cards, Swish or cash.
11. What discounts do you have?
Children 7-19 years, Youth 20-25 years and Senior 65+ year have discounted prices, see pricelist under Prices.
12. I want to book a return ticket but don't know when to travel
Choose a date you are pretty sure of, the ticket is valid 1 day before and 7 days after chosen travel date. Inform the driver that the date is incorrect.
13. I have lost my ticket
We can still find you in our booking system with your name so you are still welcome onboard, please ID yourself for the driver.
We can also e-mail you a new confirmation if you e-mail us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
14. What does x in the timetable mean and what does the times at the villages along the road mean?
All times when booking to and from a village along the road is an approximate time, the bus can depart before or after this time so please be at the bus stop early. X means the bus stops there if needed but no time is given.
15. Can I travel locally between bus stops in Kiruna?
No, if you want to travel locally between Kiruna bus station, Kiruna railway station and Kiruna Airport we refer to Kiruna Airport Transfer and the Transferbus to the railway station.
16. I have booked wrong bus stop in Kiruna
Your ticket is valid to and from all bus stops in Kiruna no matter your choice when booking.
17. My flight or train is delayed
If you have prebooked your ticket we will wait 10 minutes after scheduled departure before we have to depart to Nikkaluokta. This is because passengers in Nikkaluokta have to make their connections in Kiruna.
You can use your ticket on the next departure even if it is the next day. If you have not prebooked your ticket we refer to the next departure. If you have bought a Resplus ticket (train + bus) then the company who caused the delay is responsible to get you to your destination.
18. What if the bus gets full?
If the bus gets full we will arrange for an extra bus, it might take a minute or two for the bus to arrive. Passengers with prebooked tickets don't have priority on the bus but we will guarantee that you get to your destination.
19. Where does the bus stop?
The bus have the following stops:
- Kiruna bus station, stand D. (Map)
- Kiruna railway station, by the bus schelters on the right hand side of the station building seen from the train tracks. (Map)
- Kiruna Maskinvägen (Scandic Hotel, new city center). (Map) (From 22 august 2022 this bus stop will be replaced by Stadshustorget which is opposite Kiruna City Hall. (Map))
- Kiruna Airport, by the bus stop on the left hand side when exiting the arrival hall. (Map)
- Nikkaluokta, at the parking lot next to the small information hut. (Map)
The bus also stops anywhere along the road Nikkaluoktavägen as long as it can be done safely.
20. Bad cellular reception in Nikkaluokta
Nikkaluokta is in the wilderness so the cellular reception can be quite poor in the area. Telia usually works good.
Your prebooked tickets is delivered with e-mail and sms. In the sms there is a link to your ticket with QR code, to open this you need cellular coverage. If you know you won't have any reception you can then print out your ticket or take a screenshot so we can scan it on the bus.
21. Is the bus card Kirunakortet valid?
Yes, the bus card Kirunakortet is valid on the whole route Kiruna - Nikkaluokta. Show it to the driver. You don't have to prebook.